Tightening the abdominal muscles is one thing that most young men of both sexes want, and that is because that area gives the body strength and an increase in moderation of appearance, and there are many factors that prevent the emergence of tight stomach muscles for most people, but with little effort and In a short time, those muscles can be trained to appear better and better over a long period.
Causes of sagging abdominal muscles
There are many causes of sagging abdominal muscles, which include:
Stay away from strenuous exercise
Exercise helps to maintain the full body muscles and abdominal muscles, and helps to maintain the appearance of the abdomen taut and more attractive, and lack of exercise will not only affect the external appearance of the body, but it will negatively affect the health of the body as is known, sport helps in Maintaining the body’s health, agility, vitality, activity and consistency.
Therefore, care must be taken to exercise firsthand, because if the abdominal muscle flabbiness is severe, it will be difficult to return to its normal position, and even if any treatment is used to relax the abdominal muscles without exercising its results will not be permanent and satisfactory at all, and the muscles will return to sag from New after a certain period.
Follow unhealthy food diets
Many people eat amounts of food surplus to the body’s need, or follow a system that includes eating main meals at late times, and therefore the amount of food consumed will not be distributed properly, especially when eating a large amount of food at one time, such as fatty foods and those containing unhealthy sugar In large quantities, this problem is greater when eating right before bed.
Because of all the previous factors, fat will accumulate and be concentrated in the abdominal area more than the rest of the body, and because the secretion of insulin in the body will be large, food will remain in the stomach for a longer period, and therefore pressure on the abdominal muscles and thus relaxing them for a long time, and this habit will not lead to sagging of the abdominal muscles and spoiling Not only the appearance of this area, but it will allow serious and chronic diseases such as strokes, strokes, blocked arteries and blood vessels, diabetes and heart disease.
Infection with certain diseases and genetic factors
Repeated surgeries in the abdominal area may cause the abdominal muscle to weaken again and again, for example pregnancy and childbirth without spacing between pregnancies leads to loss of strength of the abdominal muscles, and the cesarean section causes sagging of the abdominal muscles, and obesity is one of the main factors for developing flaccidity The abdominal muscles, the effect of which remains clear even after losing weight and getting rid of fat accumulations, whether by dieting, exercising, or gastric sleeve surgeries.
It is worth noting that the abdominal area loses less fat than the rest of the body, because its muscles cannot burn all accumulated fat, and therefore when losing weight dramatically and suddenly, the abdomen becomes flabby and not tight.
How to tighten stomach muscles in a week ?
Before thinking about how to tighten the abdominal muscles in a week, you must first know the reason leading to sagging in this area, as you must pay attention to the daily habits followed to get the desired results, as the irregular sleep and the little body movement associated with eating the sugar and fatty food in large quantities will not give results Required, besides that, salty foods cause fluid retention in the body, thus affecting the abdominal stretching process, and fried foods rich in oils will cause fat accumulation in the abdominal area, so before thinking about how to tighten the abdominal muscles, the intake of sugars, salts and saturated fats must first be reduced.
And replace them with vegetables, fruits and healthy foods.
As for the question of how to tighten, the abdominal muscles in a week.
There are two consecutive points that the abdominal muscles will not be tightened without doing both.
The first is burning fat and the second exercises, and we will now talk about burning fat, and we will deal with the exercises in the next step.
Fat is burned through the following points:
- Avoid eating foods that contain a high percentage of sugars, such as various sweets and chocolate.
- Avoid eating foods that contain saturated fats, such as fried foods.
- Stay away from carbohydrates.
- Doing simple exercises such as jogging and swimming for at least 30 minutes a day, so that the largest percentage of fat is burned.
Tighten the abdominal muscles with exercises
Involving the abdominal muscles in any daily activity you do, whether driving, working at your desk or washing dishes at home helps tighten the abdominal muscles.
This may sound ineffective, but this method produces fairly effective results.
The stomach emptiness, the area that pushes the navel towards the spine and under the rib cage, trains the transverse abdomen.
It also keeps your internal organs confined so you have less flatulence in the abdomen, which reduces the shape of a flabby abdomen.
Learn about this step by trying it first while lying down.
Tense your stomach muscles for 15 seconds at a time and gradually move for longer than 60 seconds.
Then move to a sitting position and finally standing up.
Over time, it will feel natural to keep your stomach steady and feel when standing up, giving you a more toned look.
Afterward, you will not need to tighten your stomach muscles throughout the day, only during your sitting and standing periods.
5 exercises to tighten the abdominal muscles within 10 minutes
Before you begin, warm up for 6 minutes. Next, take five minutes of rest while lying on your back.
The first exercise: stomach crunch
- Lie on your back, bend your knees and make sure your feet are flat on the floor, with your legs slightly apart. Place your hands on your thighs, across your chest, or behind your ears.
- Slowly push your upper body toward your knees until your shoulders are about 3 inches off the ground. Hold for a few seconds before gradually lowering it. Do these 12 reps.
Tips for doing exercises to tighten the abdominal muscles properly:
- Do not bury your neck in your chest while doing the exercise.
- Do not suddenly pull your head off the ground when doing this exercise.
The second exercise: oblique crunch
- Lie on your back, bend your knees and make sure your feet are flat on the floor, with your legs slightly apart. Roll your knees to one side, to the floor. Place your hands on your chest or behind your ears.
- Push your body forward toward the hips until your shoulders are about 3 inches off the ground. Hold for a few seconds and gradually return to your home position. Do this exercise 12 times on each side.
The third exercise: plank
- Lean on your hands and the tips of your toes. Keep your legs straight and hips raised to create a straight, stiff line from head to toe.
- Your shoulders should be directly above your elbows, so focus on stretching your abdominal muscles as much as possible when doing this exercise. Hold this position for 5 to 10 seconds and repeat 8 to 10 times.
Tips to do exercise and tighten the abdominal muscles properly:
- Make sure to stretch your lower back while exercising.
- You must look down to the ground.
- To make the exercise a little easier at first, you can lean on your knees rather than your fingertips.
The fourth exercise: side plank
- Lie on your side, resting on your elbow. Your shoulder should be directly above the elbow. Turn your legs and lift your hips to create a straight, stiff line from head to toe.
- Keep your neck long, shoulders down and away from your ears. Ensure that the body is straight. Maintain this position for 5 to 10 seconds and repeat the exercise 8 to 10 times before repeating the exercise on the other side.
Tips to do exercise and tighten the abdominal muscles properly:
- Keep your hips forward during the exercise.
- Make sure your lower back is straight during exercise.
- To make the exercise a little easier at first, you can lean on your knees.
Fifth exercise: Stomach crunch with legs raised
- Lie on your back with your knees and feet bent. Put your hands on your chest.
- Slowly pull your knees back to your chest, being sure to bend them at 90 degrees, until your buttocks and tailbone are off the floor. Hold for a moment before slowly descending again. Do this exercise 12 times.
Tips to do the exercise properly:
- Do not bury your neck in your chest when doing the exercise.
- Do not use your hands to pull your neck up.
Use a cream to tighten the abdominal muscles
There is no cream that will permanently reduce fat, but one of the ingredients called aminophylline promises to cause some stomach shrinkage.
This cream is used as a bronchodilator, to treat asthma and emphysema, for example, but when applied to the abdomen, it causes a significant change in the abdominal waist circumference according to a 2007 study.
There were only 50 participants in this study, with half of them applying this cream daily for 12 weeks and the other half doing nothing. All participants ate only 1,200 calories a day and were encouraged to walk.
All the participants lost weight, but those who applied the cream noticed that their abdominal circumference was, on average, 11 cm less versus 5 cm.
And while the cream won’t magically work long-term to help you lose fat or fully stretch your abdominal muscles, it may temporarily tighten skin cells and make you look leaner as you undergo a weight loss program.
The appropriate diet to tighten the abdominal muscles
Eat more calories
You can get abdominal muscles by adding about 250-500 calories to those that a person usually burns.
You can calculate by using various programs, such as the online calculator.
As these programs take into account the age, gender, and activity level of the person.
But avoid eating large amounts of unhealthy foods, such as ice cream, sausages.
Or those full of unhelpful calories such as sugars, refined carbohydrates, and saturated fats.
And it recommended eating Home-made meals that contain lean protein, fresh products, grains, and healthy fats, such as avocados and nuts.
As an alternative to these foods, and high-calorie drinks such as soda and coffee should avoid.
Increase your protein intake
Protein provides the amino acids needed to build muscle, promotes the repair process in the body, and provides a good percentage of the total daily calories from protein.
The International Society of Sports Nutrition recommends athletes eat about 0.72 and 0.91 grams of protein per half a kilogram of body weight per day.
For an adult who weighs 68 kg, the amount of protein needed to enhance strength reaches between 108 and 137 grams of it per day.
And the amounts of protein should divide into four or five meals, for example, two boiled eggs for breakfast, a grilled chicken breast for lunch, and steak Roast for dinner, and drink low-fat yogurt, or thin slices of cheese with snacks.
Reducing the amount of carbohydrates
It is advisable to reduce the amount of carbohydrates eaten.
To get the required amount of it, you can eat about 200-215 grams of it daily, and you can eat one to two pieces of whole fruit, and half a cup of grains, such as oatmeal or brown rice, besides some dairy products.
The goal is not to eliminate carbohydrates or reduce them for a tiny amount.
But the goal is to reduce their levels, because this will help burn fat, especially those in the abdominal area.
A study published in the 2015 issue of the Journal of Nutrition showed that consuming about 40-43 percent of daily calories that came from carbohydrates instead of the recommended amount of about 45-65 percent of calories had positive effects on loss and distribution. Body fat.
Before starting exercises that tighten the abdominal muscles, we must pay attention to the daily habits that we follow.
As the irregularity in sleep, lack of movement and the food that we eat are the first and most important factor in the failure of exercises to give effect and the desired results.
Foods rich in salt help to store water in the body and thus reduce the period of muscle appearance tightly.
And foods that contain saturated fats such as fried or fast food are very harmful to the body.
Therefore, you must adhere to the principle of reducing salty foods, sugars, and fats, and replace that with fruits, vegetables and lean meats.