Peanut Butter: Peanuts are beneficial plants that contain a high percentage of protein important for bodybuilders
Peanut is one crop widely spread in the world and its original home is in South America and they consider India one of the second producing countries of peanuts.
And it has several names, including groundnuts, goers, and other names.
Peanuts belong to the legume family and can extract from peanut butter, peanut flour, peanut milk and peanut oil.
The importance of peanut butter for building muscle for bodybuilders
It has shown that eating plant protein considered being of higher nutritional value than eating animal protein. And this helps build muscle faster, and this is what bodybuilders need.
Peanuts suppress appetite while increasing the feeling of satiety for a long time. The fats in peanuts are healthy fats and help build muscle.
Peanuts also contain a high percentage of dietary fiber, which uses it in the formation of body tissues, which helps in building muscle tissue for bodybuilders.
Peanut butter is part of the composition of peanut butter, which is one food rich in plant protein.
This makes this butter full of nutrients necessary for the bodies of bodybuilders.
Healthy and useful food is one of the most important things for body building, with special exercise.
Protein is one of the most beneficial elements, which must get in large quantities for players, to get the required amount for muscle growth and increase in size.
Peanut butter is one of the most protein-rich elements, besides its delicious taste.
It has a very great nutritional value for bodybuilders, as it contains many important elements, which are: protein, mineral salts, phosphorous, iodine, iron, potassium, and sodium.
Mainly from ground peanuts and oil, it does not contain butter, so it is rich in natural monounsaturated fats.
Peanuts Butter for Bodybuilders
Bodybuilders can incorporate peanut butter into their diet, to get a maximum nutritional value supplement to plant protein.
Vegetarian sources of protein usually contain incomplete protein if compared with animal sources, so getting a mixture of protein sources Vegetarianism in the diet increases the level of the nutritional value of the meal.
As for the players’ diet, it varies from person to person, and that depends on their weight, for a player who weighs a hundred kilograms needs a protein quantity that differs from a player who weighs sixty kilograms.
The goal that the player seeks to achieve is one factor affecting the diet It must note that the diet must depend on over one source of plant and animal protein, and other necessary sources must add, such as eggs and meat.
Ways to eat peanut butter
Here are ways to increase the supplement nutritional value of peanut butter:
- Cut a banana into slices, then add a tablespoon of peanut butter to it, and then eat it before exercising.
- Use peanut butter as a sauce and dip slices of fresh apple or walnuts in it.
- Make a slice of whole wheat bread with peanut butter and jams of various kinds.
Peanuts Butter Benefits
The first product of peanut butter dates back to the year 1884 in the United States.
We know its products to taste delicious and provide essential nutrients to the body. It reflects all of which in a set of benefits.
Such as the benefits of peanut butter for bodybuilding that will mentioned later – among which are:
It is a source of protein:
100 grams of it provides about 25-30 grams of protein, which comprises amino acids that contribute to building and repairing the body.
Reduces cholesterol levels in the blood:
Their content of unsaturated fats helps to reduce harmful cholesterol levels and enhance the distribution of beneficial cholesterol. They also contain compounds that prevent cholesterol absorption from the diet, such as resveratrol, phenolic acid, flavonoids and phytosterols.
Type 2 diabetes reduces:
Trans fats improve insulin sensitivity, reducing the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
It is a source of vitamins:
Provides many vitamins that the body needs, such as vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin E.
It has antioxidant properties:
this is because of its content of folic acid, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin B5 and vitamin B6.
Besides resveratrol, which contributes to controlling chronic diseases.
It is an anti-cancer:
It contains beta-sitosterol, which has the property to fight some types of cancer, such as colon cancer, prostate cancer and breast cancer, according to a study report published in Nutrition and Cancer Journal.
Regulates blood sugar levels:
It relates this to their magnesium content, which also contributes to the development of both muscles and bones and the body’s immunity, and plays an important role in regulating blood pressure levels.
Is a source of potassium:
Some elements put pressure on the cardiovascular system, while others do not.
For example, potassium is an electrolyte and one element of the fluid balance in the body.
Reduces the risk of gallstones:
The results of a study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition showed that women who consumed them with nuts regularly reduced their risk of developing gallstones.
It is rich in fiber:
A lack of fiber leads to some health problems such as constipation, diabetes, cholesterol and heart disease.
Thus consumption of peanut butter will reduce the chance of developing any of them.
Benefits of peanut butter for bodybuilding
As for the benefits of peanut butter for bodybuilding, it is actually a good option as long as bodybuilders follow a balanced diet that provides different nutrient sources that contain calories and fats.
But if it provides sufficient amounts of fats and proteins from other sources, there is no need to add them.
Some benefits of peanut butter for bodybuilding are:
- It contains an enormous amount of monounsaturated fats, which reduces the risk of heart disease, and we usually advise bodybuilders to eat 0.5 grams of fat per 0.5 kilograms of body weight, so that a third of the amount contains monounsaturated fats.
- Protein content helps build and repair muscle fibers, besides its role in transporting nutrients throughout the body. And this property is one of the most important benefits of peanut butter for bodybuilding in terms of muscle building.We know that it preferred to consume 1 gram of protein per 0.5 kg of Body weight, knowing that it should take with milk to enhance its value, and to provide them with a complete meal of amino acids.
- It provides a variety of vitamins, such as vitamin E and folic acid, along with minerals such as magnesium and zinc, which explains the benefits of peanut butter for bodybuilding.
- It contains fibers that contribute to the feeling of fullness, thus reducing the chance of eating or feeling hungry – and reflecting some benefits of peanut butter for bodybuilding. Besides its role in promoting bowel movements and reducing constipation.
- They are rich in antioxidants that protect cells from damage caused by free radicals in the blood and contribute to the benefits of peanut butter for bodybuilding.
The importance of Peanuts for men
- Peanuts have many amazing benefits for the body and have special benefits for men, including:
- The amino acid present in peanuts increases sexual ability in men by strengthening and increasing erections in men.
- Peanuts contain some amino acids that increase a man’s stamina and increase his energy during sexual intercourse, because they increase blood flow to the man’s penis. Which contributes to the strength of penis erection and thus the enjoyment of both men and women in the sexual relationship.
- Peanuts contain zinc, which improves the level of the testosterone hormone and improves the work of the semen in the man’s body.
- Peanuts treat baldness problems that exist in many men.
The various health benefits of peanuts
There are many benefits to the body from eating peanuts (Study), including:
- Excellent foods for a pregnant woman because they contain minerals and vitamins beneficial for building the body of the fetus.
- Peanuts contribute to reducing blood sugar and reducing the risk of heart attacks.
- Peanuts provide children with the energy for the body, which increases their IQ.
- Eating peanuts regularly strengthens the immune system, which protects the body from many harmful diseases such as heart, diabetes and others.
- Peanuts protect the body from cancer because they limit the spread of cancer cells in the body.
- Eating peanuts regularly increases the ability to focus and comprehend and increases absorption.
- Eating peanuts has many aesthetic benefits because it gives the skin smoothness and freshness and protects the skin from the signs of aging because it contains antioxidants and omega-3s.
Uses of peanut butter for bodybuilding:
Although some believe that peanut butter not recommended for athletes, because it contains a large percentage of fat.
For its contribution to weight gain, bodybuilders rely on eating peanut butter significantly, because of its high nutritional value. And because it contains proteins, Minerals, minerals, too.
Bodybuilders use peanut butter and rely on it as a nutritional supplement.
As peanut butter provides the bodybuilder with protein, which is the most important thing that a player needs after his own exercise.
The body’s muscles need protein to derive energy from it, and so that protein helps in building well.
Peanut butter, if eaten in moderation with exercise, increases the weight of the player in the way he needs.
And distributes the fats in his body properly. Peanut butter also gives the player energy, which increases his strength. And his ability to Doing strenuous and difficult exercises before important tournaments and competitions.
Peanut butter has an important role in maintaining the health and elasticity of the blood vessels from the inside of the athlete.
Besides reducing the level of harmful cholesterol and raising the level of beneficial cholesterol in the blood.
Peanut butter also helps in increasing mental activity, which is what the player needs most, but it does not make butter Peanuts from eating other proteins.
It is important to diversify the sources of protein for the player, so that the body gets the greatest benefit.
To Read: Importance of Sleep for body health
Harmful Peanuts butter
Despite the benefits of peanut butter – and the benefits of peanut butter for bodybuilding in particular, it not recommended to eat large quantities of it, due to its high content of calories and fats, and they closely relate it to peanuts and the associated harms.
It also applies to peanut butter, among which we mention:
Peanuts sometimes contaminated with Aspergillus Flavus rot, which produces mycotoxins resulting from storing them in the wrong ways especially.
And thus the formation of this type of mold can reduce by properly drying it immediately after harvesting it. And storing it in a low temperature and humidity. Knowing that these toxins leave symptoms if infected with them such as loss of appetite and jaundice. And it may lead to liver failure and liver cancer.
Peanuts contain several anti-nutrients that impair the body’s absorption of nutrients and reduce their nutritional value, such as phytic acid, which reduces the availability of iron and zinc in peanuts, and thus reduces its nutritional value somewhat.
Peanut allergy is one of the most common types of food allergies, and those affected should refrain from eating any of its products, such as peanut butter.
Is peanut butter beneficial for dieting or weight gain?
The relationship of peanut butter to weight loss
Although peanut butter contains high amounts of fat, it considered good fats, as it contains a low percentage of saturated fats.
Researchers found that eating peanut butter associated with a slight loss in body weight, when consumed instead of some Types of carbohydrates. In a study published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition in 2009, it shown that frequent consumption of nuts or peanut butter twice a week associated with lower weight gain in women over an 8-year follow-up period.
Peanuts and their butter were one of the most commonly used types.
The role of peanut butter in weight loss may attributed to the fact that eating it before eating main meals or as a snack helps to increase the feeling of fullness for a longer period, because it is rich in fats and proteins, which reduces the amount of food consumed, and thus more effective weight loss.
Peanut butter helps increase the glycemic response, as some foods, especially processed foods.
Foods containing starches cause a significant increase in blood sugar levels.
And unstable blood sugar levels associate with obesity and diabetes.
But peanut butter is one food that has a glycemic index Low despite having a sweet taste.
Eating peanut butter is a healthy way to get Fats, proteins, and fiber without worrying about high blood sugar levels.
To benefit from peanut butter to lose weight, it is preferable to eat one serving of it, which equates to two tablespoons of food per day, and we can also take it before a meal.
The relationship of peanut butter to weight gain
Although peanut butter contains high amounts of calories and fat. It may not affect weight gain in the long term, when added as part of a balanced diet. But a person can gain weight when consuming more calories than calories.
That is why peanut butter can consume as part of a diet aimed at gaining weight, by adding it to some recipes such as milk, or yogurt with fruits, besides following some steps that contribute to healthy weight gain, like:
- Eat more often.
- Choose foods high in calories.
- Get enough sleep.
- Do physical activity.
- Eat protein at every meal.
What is the correct time to eat peanut butter?
If a person eats peanut butter to lose weight, evidence suggests that it is more beneficial when people eat it as snacks throughout the day.
Because it may prevent the person from overeating.
According to the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, eating protein 30 minutes before bed may also help build muscle.
However, this research focused on casein protein, not the protein from nuts.
To Read: Omega 3: Benefits and Best Source