To help you find an excellent product we’ve researched & compared the best fat burners for men and women on the market right now.
Top 10 fat burners compared
1. Instant Knockout
Instant Knockout appears to be at the top of every list of fat burning recommendations.
The fat burning ingredients in Instant Knockout can help support your weight loss goals if you eat right and exercise.
What’s in it ?
Each serving of four capsules contains:
- 5 mg of vitamin B6.
- 10 micrograms of vitamin B12.
- 10 mg of zinc.
- 100 mcg of Chromium Picolinate: This helps increase metabolism and burn fat.
- 500 mg green tea extract (leaf): This helps increase thermogenesis (i).
- 100 mg of cayenne powder (fruit): This helps regulate insulin sensitivity (i).
- 100 mg of green coffee bean extract: which can stop sugar cravings and help lower cholesterol levels.
- 1800mg Glucomannan (Konjac Root): A natural and powerful appetite suppressant that helps reduce food cravings.
- 500 mg of caffeine.
- 10 mg of black pepper extract: increases the metabolism, aids digestion and supports the body’s natural fat burning potential.
A powerful fat burning supplement that supports many parts of the fat burning process, from digestion to insulin regulation to thermogenesis to help the body burn fat more effectively.
In addition to the fact that the ingredients are natural and supported by many studies and scientific research for their efficiency. It’s very easy to take, and even the bottle looks bad.
2. TLabs Fat Burner
TLabs Fat Burner was rated very highly and well received by users.
It is marketed to be the most transparent fat burning formula on the market, as it comes from the fast-growing line of products from Labs Labs, which prides itself on its “open formulas”.
When combined with proper nutrition and exercise, they can help you reach some of your weight loss goals.
What’s in it ?
Each 2 capsules contains:
- 500 mg of Forslean (Forskolin): This helps the other ingredients in this product to aid in fat loss.
- 400 mg green tea (50% EGCG): provides energy.
- 300 mg of L-Tyrosine.
- 240 mg of caffeine.
- 100mg of cayenne pepper extract: Boosts metabolism and supports thermogenesis so that the body burns fats more efficiently.
3. Hydroxycut Hardcore Next Gen
It is the newest product in the popular Hydroxycut line. It is one of the most popular fat burning burners ever.
Combining several effective ingredients to target various aspects of fat loss, Hydroxycut Hardcore Next Gen can help provide the edge you need to succeed in your fitness goals.
What’s in it ?
Each 2 capsules contains:
- 400 mg of green coffee blend: potentially supports healthy metabolism and reduces fat absorption.
- 290 mg of caffeine.
- 100 mg of Coleus extract (Forskolin): to help the body burn fat more efficiently.
- 20 mg of guaissa: This is a South American herb that is a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory.
4. Jym Shred by Jym Stoppani
Shred JYM is a powerful fat burner coined by legendary Jym Stoppani, a bodybuilder and PhD in Physiology. This product combines six different ingredients that work together to increase the benefits and synergies of each other and thus support natural weight loss.
What’s in it ?
Each 6 capsules contains:
- 5g of Acetyl-L-Caritin HCI: Helps to maintain lean mass while dieting so that the weight you lose is primarily from fat, not muscle.
- 500 mg of tyrosine.
- 500mg green tea leaf extract: a powerful oxidant and metabolism booster.
- 200 mg of caffeine.
- 50 mg of cayenne pepper extract: a natural fat burner that increases metabolism.
- 20 mg of Synephrine: Improves fat metabolism after exercise.
Although it does not contain as many ingredients as other formulas, the ones they use are nonetheless a potent blend with many of them (such as acetyl-L-carnitine) that have several scientific studies to support their effectiveness.
Overall, it’s a great product if you are new to fat burners and are looking for a reliable, affordable option.
5. Performance Lab
Performance Lab is ideal for those who are sensitive to some of the ingredients in other products.
What’s in it ?
Each 2 meals contains:
- 60 mcg of chromium.
- 175 mg of calcium.
- 250 mg of Forskolin: This helps the body burn fat more efficiently.
- 1000 mg of HMB (beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyric acid): Helps reduce muscle damage caused by exercise, allowing you to maintain more lean mass while on a diet.
- 50 mg of cayenne pepper extract: This helps increase metabolism.
- 5 mg of BioPerine Black Pepper Extract: which supports muscle growth and recovery as it helps to enhance the absorption of other ingredients in this product.
An excellent choice for those who may be sensitive to caffeine or caffeine-like ingredients in other supplements because it is caffeine-free.
6. Super HD
Super HD is a great product that contains some of the best weight loss ingredients that work well by targeting various important aspects of fat burning.
What’s in it ?
Each capsule contains:
- 193 mg SuperHD Thermogenic Blend: which contains N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, Amla Fruit Extract, Dandelion Root Extract, Yohimbe Bark Extract, Cayenne Pepper Extract, Huperzine A, and Rauwolfia Root Bark Extract.
- 160 mg of caffeine anhydrous.
- 150 mg of Greenos Phytosome Blend: Green Tea Leaf Extract and Phospholipids.
Cellucoris a reliable brand with a long history of providing the latest in weight loss and muscle support supplements.
If you are looking for a fat burner that includes additional ingredients to increase focus and endurance, this is a reliable option that can give you the best of both worlds in a compact and economical size.
LeanMode Fat Burner from EVLution Nutrition. Since it is caffeine-free, LeanMode is great for those looking to avoid stimulants.
What’s in it ?
Each 3 capsules contains:
- 500 mg of Garcinia Cambogia Extract: May help suppress appetite and improve weight loss.
- 500mg Green Coffee Bean Extract: Supports cell health and metabolism.
- 500 mg of CLA: This may aid in weight loss and improve cardiovascular function.
- 250 mg of green tea leaves: This boosts the metabolism.
8. Animal Cuts
What’s in it ?
Each single package contains:
- 750 mg of “Activator Complex”: This includes caffeine, walnut seeds, guarana seeds, yerba mate leaf and berry extract.
- 750 mg of “Metabolism Complex”: which contains green tea leaf extract, oolong tea leaf extract, black tea leaf extract, coffee bean extract, and white tea leaf extract.
- 500 mg of a “nootropic compound”: which contains gotu kola, choline, and bacopa munera leaf
Animal Cuts contains a lot of ingredients that work well to help you burn fat, lose excess water weight and even boost energy and focus while suppressing levels of cortisol (the stress hormone) and ensuring there is more of the things your body needs to use than supplementing itself.
However, the fact that all of these elements are included in different “complexes” means that you cannot be sure of the amount of any ingredient that is inside the package.
It is best to know precisely how much each ingredient you are getting.
However, Universal Nutrition is an excellent company, and this product has been around for a long time.
9. Nutrex lipo 6 black
Nutrex Lipo-6 Black Ultra Concentrate is a so-called “smart fat destroyer” that targets various aspects of fat loss.
What’s in it ?
One serving (one capsule) contains:
- 295 mg “Ultra Concentrated Fat Loss Support Complex”: which includes caffeine, theobromine (an ingredient in caffeine), Advantra Z Citrus Aurantium (50% Synephrine), yohimbine HCl and Rauwolscine.
10. Old School Vintage Burn
Sometimes the old-school method is the best way, and this old-fashioned fat burning supplement definitely does the old-school stuff.
What’s in it ?
Each 2 capsules contains:
- 330 mg of green tea leaf extract: a powerful antioxidant that helps boost metabolism.
- 270 mg of green coffee bean extract: Rich in antioxidants and may help increase metabolism.
- 200 mg of Raspberry Ketones: This helps promote a healthy metabolism and may help burn fat.
- 160 mg of olive leaf extract: This helps the body burn fat more efficiently. It also works as a powerful anti-inflammatory.
- 150 mg of caffeine.
- 130 mg of bacopa leaf extract.
- 100mg of garcinia fruit extract: which may support a healthy metabolism.
- 100 mg of chrysine.
- 60 mg of Forskolin: This aids the other ingredients in this product to aid in fat loss.
A great all-purpose fat burner with a focus on the body’s metabolism, mental and energy needs.
Although it contains many powerful ingredients like green tea and green coffee beans, there are some ingredients that are still being scientifically reviewed for their effectiveness as a weight loss aid.
Overall, a solid choice between fat burners from a well-known and trusted brand.
How to choose a fat burner ?
Fat Burners is a unique class of nutritional supplement that touts its ability to do crazy things like burn fat faster, block carbs, and reduce appetite for long periods of time.
But are any of these claims true? Can you really trust that these fantasies can become your reality, just by throwing out a few pills per day?
Well, as with most things, it’s nice to be skeptical.
Now, this doesn’t mean that fat burning supplements are “bad”, you just need to know what to look for, and what to avoid.
Unfortunately, some companies deceive those looking to lose fat, using ridiculous claims to sell their products such as “fat melt!” With pictures of crazy fitness models claiming that all it took was to add a fat burning supplement to their routine to achieve amazing results.
Well, let me assure you that this is not the case.
But don’t be disappointed! A good fat burning supplement will help speed up the fat loss progression and aid your efforts, but I have to assure that it won’t do the work for you! But as long as you work with it, it will work with you.
So set realistic expectations for you and the company you plan to purchase a fat burning supplement from. Avoid the crazy claims from companies.
Don’t expect to lose insane amounts of body fat in one or two weeks.
Below, you will be able to decide whether or not the fat burning supplement you are looking for is worth your investment.
How many pills / capsules come in the product? Or if you take it as a powder, how many servings are there?
Be sure to pay attention to the number of pills / capsules in the serving. It is often very high, sometimes five or more per serving. This can make a difference to the product’s value.
Most fat burners come in capsule or pill form. Sometimes you’ll see those that come in either flavored or unflavored powder.
The form you buy is completely up to you, as there is no difference in the effects on it. This is all a matter of preference.
Does it include steroids?
Some fat burning supplements include caffeine to help boost alertness and focus.
In general, a typical cup of coffee contains about 95 mg of caffeine, so keep the amount of caffeine in mind when measuring a serving size of a fat burning supplement.
Has any trusted third party test been performed? Do you comply with FDA standards?
You want to be confident that everything you put into your body comprises the highest quality ingredients.
Look for nutritional supplements that are made in facilities that adhere to cGMPs or existing good manufacturing processes.
This means they have been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to follow or bypass correct procedures to ensure safety and quality.
There are many other seals and certifications to consider, including certifying that the blend is free of banned substances, that it is gluten free or vegan-friendly, and more.
What claims does the company make?
Are they telling you that the product will burn 30 pounds a week? Stay away from companies that make extravagant and unrealistic claims.
Losing weight is a long journey and you shouldn’t expect instant or magic results.
Suggested benefits of a fat burner
The most common claims you’ll see in fat burning supplements are:
- Faster fat loss.
- Increased stamina.
- Lack of appetite.
But are any of these things true, let’s look:
Faster Fat loss :
This is a claim that you can feel confident most of the time. If the fat burner you eat contains a stimulant, you are losing fat faster than someone who does not take a stimulant, as it has been shown to increase your metabolism rate even non-stimulant ingredients will happen, like the capsaicin from paprika.
Increased stamina :
The most well-known endurance-boosting ingredients that are often included in fat burners are caffeine and beta-alanine.
Lack of appetite :
Fat burning supplements are very good at this. Most stimulants are known to reduce appetite, besides non-stimulant ingredients like capsaicin and garcinia cambogia.
Men’s fat burners versus women’s fat burners
There is not much difference between the two types of products except for how they are marketed and a slight modification of the ingredient profile.
Often this change is just a decrease in the included ingredients that we can see in a “men’s” or “natural” fat burning supplement. There are no sex ingredients in fat burners.
How to get the most out of a fat burner ?
Fat burning supplements are on the more expensive side of the sports supplement market, so you want to make sure you’re getting the most out of your money.
Here are some tips for getting the most out of your fat burner so you get your money’s worth:
- Don’t start using a fat burner until you’ve already achieved some progress in your current fat loss plan.
- Continue to make adjustments to your diet and exercise before turning to a fat-burning supplement. Think of it as a tool in your toolbox. It’s nice to have, but once you use your recent reserves, you have nothing left to offer.
- Also, remember to burn fat. Do not go for over 4 weeks with a simultaneous fat burner; Your body becomes sensitive to certain ingredients the longer you take them. This means that your body is not responding in the same way it did when you first started, so you will have to eat more of it to achieve the same effect. This is a slippery slope that you don’t want to get out of. This is the most common stimulant ingredient like caffeine.
Questions and answers about fat burners
Do I need to take a fat burner?
Remember, there is no supplement that anyone would need. They called “supplements” for a reason. They “complement” or help your current efforts to achieve your fitness goals.
But if you’re looking to speed up your progress toward your goals and fit your budget, adding a fat burner to the mix is definitely something that can help.
Does fat burning target belly fat?
Unfortunately, there is no reliable way to target a specific area of fat on your body, be it the abdomen or any other area.
The body has a genetic predisposition to lose fat in certain areas. This is for many complicated genetic reasons.
What are realistic expectations for a fat burner?
You shouldn’t expect a lot of fat burners.
Set your expectations relatively low, because if I had to give you a value on how much fat burning would contribute to the progression of fat loss, I’d say 2%.
This is because he cannot do the hard work for you.
You still need to properly and consistently diet and exercise to see progress.
We should put this first before you consider a fat burning supplement.
Should I Take Fat Burners If I Don’t Exercise?
As long as your diet is under control there’s nothing wrong with doing it necessarily, but I don’t recommend it.
Taking a fat burner is not a suitable substitute for an exercise, we mean it to be added to it with a proper diet plan.
What is the best time to take a fat burner?
Most people burn fat in the morning right after waking up. This is especially important if it has large amounts of steroids in it.
You may experience insomnia if you take steroids late in the day. Some people also take it before a workout, as they feel that it gives them an enormous boost.
However, there is no “better” time to take a fat burner in the grand scheme of things. The mornings are usually better for most people because of the stimulating content, along with the fact that morning is the time they take all of their other supplements, such as a multivitamin.
Does burning fat help you gain muscle?
They design fat Burners to help you lose fat. Building muscle and burning fat all at once is actually just an achievement that can achieve either by novice trainees or those using performance-enhancing drugs.
So, unfortunately, a fat burner cannot help you build muscle on its own.
Does fat burning affect sperm?
If your fat burning supplement contains the amino acid L-Citrulline, then yes! At 3 grams per day it appears to affect sperm quality, with inconclusive effects on how it affects sperm motility.
Should I take a fat burner if I run daily?
There shouldn’t be any problems doing this.
One thing you may need to think about is the stress it might put on your heart and blood pressure.
Running increases heart rate and blood pressure for an extended period. Because of this, learn how the ingredients affect your fat burner. Especially the stimulant ingredients, as they increase heart rate and blood pressure.
If you have any underlying concerns, contact your doctor before taking a fat burning supplement.
Should I take a break from burning fat?
Yes, if the fat burner contains caffeine, try not to use it for over 4 weeks in a row. If the difference is “non-stimulant” to the fat burner, there is no need to take a break from it.
I think we can all agree that losing weight can sometimes be one of the most difficult things to do, especially if you are a man with a busy lifestyle.
Fortunately, there are products out there that give men an extra boost in their weight loss journey.