Zumba exercises are one of the ideal sports that are important for slimming the body and strengthening muscles through some rhythmic movements.
Zumba exercises are among the common modern exercises that depend on doing some fast rhythmic dances, which many get in shape, get rid of excess fat and get a tighter stomach, and you can do it in gyms and some resort to maintaining them at home.
The History Of Zumba
It’s a modern sport. Where it arose in the eighties of the twentieth century, and its appearance was a matter of chance.
The story of the invention of Zumba dates back to the year 1986 AD in the Colombian city of Cali.
Where the Colombian coach Alberto Perez, responsible for training people affiliated with the Latin dance class, practiced dance exercises with his students, used a set of audio recordings of traditional aerobic music.
But one day he forgot these recordings, which forced him to act and address the problem by replacing the traditional music with Latin ones that he was carrying an audio copy of with him.
All Students admired that lesson that arose by chance and their welcome. The alternative method met with brilliant success and became a sport widely practiced in Colombia.
The year 1999 AD witnessed the introduction of Zumba sport for the first time in the United States of America, specifically in the state of Miami.
And this sport became an official company sponsored by it; Where Alberto founded a company called Zumba in cooperation with Alberto Perlman and Alberto Aegion.
And this company was the start of the achievement of brilliant success for this sport in the United States of America and from there to the entire world and across its different continents.
To Read: Importance of Sleep for body health.
Zumba Dance To Lose Weight
The origin of weight gain is storing a quantity of fat in the body, and in this, Zumba helps to lose weight.
As practicing Zumba dances in training sessions for 60 minutes burns an average of 369 calories, which is more than the rate of burning in kickboxing classes or exercises Fast exercise.
Besides getting important heart-healthy exercises that melt fat, strengthen the body and improve its flexibility.
Among the most important features of Zumba for weight loss as well:
- Give you important cardiovascular workouts through fun and not boring dance classes.
- Calories burned.
- With a healthy diet and training schedule, you may lose weight.
- You can practice it at home without equipment.
What Are The Benefits Of A Healthy Zumba Dance?
Not only is it slimming and losing weight, but Zumba has provided many other important health benefits for a healthy body as (Study):
For the freshness of the skin:
It helps to freshen the skin, as it increases blood flow to the skin cells and thus increases the percentage of oxygen flow to the skin.
Which helps to increase collagen production in the tissues, and thus Zumba stimulates blood circulation inside the body and increases the chances of hiding wrinkles.
To flush out toxins from the body:
Is it one benefit of the Zumba dance to expel toxins from the body? Yes.
It helps stimulate blood circulation in your body and helps you to sweat, which helps you get rid of toxins in the liver and expel them out of the body.
To strengthen the immune system:
It helps to strengthen the immune system to prevent diseases from attacking humans.
So Zumba is not just a dance but a movement performance of the body, besides being exercises, it improves the psychological state of the person which makes the body able to face diseases.
For heart disease:
Zumba protects against heart disease and arteriosclerosis, because the rapid performance of this dance works to reduce the proportion of fats in the arteries that cause heart disease.
Zumba dance can protect you against osteoporosis and arthritis, and this is because it helps to strengthen the bones, especially in advanced stages of life.
It helps also to improve the metabolism process in the body.
It reduces calories in the body, and it also helps stimulate the hormone leptin in the body, to raise the metabolism process. (Study)
To Read: How to Speed Up Your Metabolism ?
To relieve stress:
Zumba dance treats the feeling of stress, it is common for people not to exercise because of the stress it exposes them to.
But on the contrary, Zumba relieves stress by supplying the body with energy and stimulating blood circulation.
To get rid of isolation:
Zumba dance helps improve your mood, examining Zumba practice stories increases the ability to form new social relationships and new friends, it saves you from the isolation that surrounds yourself.
Types Of Zumba Dances To Lose Weight
This dance is similar in some of its movements to Zomba, and it is like exercise.
And it depends on moving the legs and thighs more than any part of the body, and these movements take place for 20 minutes, do this salsa by moving your hand and legs when performing these exercises.
It bases on bending the knees and moving forward to four steps forward, moving four steps to the right and then changing direction.
Dance hip hop:
This dance is native to the United States of America and depends on moving the abdominal muscles and arms.
When doing hip-hop dance, bend the arms, and lift them next to the chest, and put the arms toward the abdominal area and move them.
This dance is native to Colombia.
Stand with feet close together, then open feet slightly, and move four steps together, with your hands placed at your waist while performing the exercise.
Zumba Exercises For Beginners
These exercises are excellent for beginners and help you transition into music and have fun regardless of your fitness level.
If you want to play this sport, you should to make the major moves for each type of zombie-inspired dance.
Performing Zumba movements for beginners can be cumbersome in terms of complexity, as the music is fast and the moves are faster.
However, if you break down the dances, you perform into their basic roots, you can start mastering the sport and getting used to it.
Zumba for beginners with salsa movements:
There are many types of dances that go into the formation of the Zumba dance, and to make Zumba movements easily.
You must know the major movements of the different other dances they inspire Zomba, and you can do the salsa steps by:
- Take one step left with your left foot.
- Transfer your weight back to the right foot.
- Return to the center with your left foot.
- Pause at the fourth step.
- Step to the right with your right foot.
- Transfer your weight to the left foot.
- Bring your right foot to the center.
- Pause at the eighth step.
- Alternatively, you can do these steps forward and backward.
Zumba for beginners with merengue movements
Zumba uses the steps of the Merengue dance to create a series of Quick Steps, start slowly to master the basic steps :
- Stand tall with your feet close to each other.
- Move your hips to the right, raise your left foot, and lower it onto the floor.
- Next, move your hips to the left and pick up your right foot, then drop it on the floor.
- Find a pleasant rhythm with this step pattern, then try to move faster once you feel comfortable.
- You can add arm motions like reaching to the side or over the head as you step.
Zumba for beginners with reggae movements:
To do this modern dance well, follow these steps:
- Start with the leg movements first, take a wide stride with your left foot.
- Insert your right foot and press it directly next to your left foot.
- While pressing on your right foot, turn to the right until you are about to fall if you are not holding yourself.
- Take a wide stride to the right with your right foot until you hold and straighten, then step with your left foot close to the right as you lean to the left.
- Continue to alternate with your rhythm while you are comfortable with the big steps. As you get used to it, it’s time to add arm movements. When you have stepped with both feet to the left, lift your right arm up.
- Lower your arm back down, then take a step to the right and reach your left arm up.
Zumba for beginners with samba movements:
Similar to merengue, this Brazilian dance has simple steps, but it becomes complex quickly as the movement is fast, by:
- Start standing straight with your feet close to each other.
- Shift your weight on the right foot, keeping the knee straight and your hips tilted to the right.
- While in this position, lift your left heel off the ground until it only touches your toes, and bend your left knee.
- Place your left heel on the floor and lean into your left leg, raise your right heel and bend your right knee.
- The key to this step is the dance hips movement, move your hips in an exaggerated motion to the side where the heels of your feet.
Tips Before Starting Zumba Exercises
– Before exercising Zumba, talk to your doctor if you are not used to exercising:
Have any medical problems, or are taking any medications, just to make sure that practicing Zumba is right for you.
– Also, before starting, talk to the trainer in a Zumba class about your fitness level and any health conditions you have so you can suggest adjustments.
– If you became pregnant and were used to practicing Zumba before you became pregnant, you will not face any problem in conceiving.
But there are some changes you will need to make to stay safe, just talk to your doctor and remember to stay calm and hydrated during exercise.
– And steer clear of high-affected moves if you have knee, back or arthritis pain, there are other ways to get a good, gentler exercise in the joints.
– If you have a handicap or other physical limitations, consider taking wheelchair Zumba lessons, as they are a good, fun, and non-stressful workout.
To Read: The importance of Cardio Exercises
Zumba dance is a fitness program that combines Latin and international music and dance moves.
It intersperses Zumba with interval training – the alternation between fast and slow tempo – to improve cardiovascular fitness.
Zumba is an aerobic activity that can be calculated in the amount of aerobic activity recommended for most healthy adults by the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
The guidelines recommend moderate aerobic exercise for at least 150 minutes, vigorous aerobic exercise for 75 minutes a week, or a combination of moderate and vigorous exercise.
However, a little of physical activity also helps. Being active for short periods of time throughout the day increases the health benefits.
Aerobic exercise reduces health risks, maintains a healthy weight, strengthens the heart, and improves mood. If you enjoy Zumba, you are more likely to do it regularly and reap the benefits of aerobic exercise.
As with any exercise, if you feel pain while performing a movement or certain posture, try to change the exercise to avoid painful activities.